Table of Contents
Google drive not working on Mac is an error occurs during syncing process. The syncing error can be caused due to numerous possible reasons. Fortunately, this is a type of issue that users can deal with very easily.
The compelling Google Drive rarely causes any significant issues or problems. Even when there is some issue occurs, resolving the problem is something that does not take more than a restart the Mac to get the problem resolved.
Possible reasons for Google Drive not working on Mac
You can’t open Google Drive by clicking its Dock icon. To open it, you have to use its menu bar icon from the top. If you are new, opening the drive might be confusing for you as double-clicking to its icon in the Application folder or clicking its icon in the Dock will open the app, but won’t automatically show its interface.
To get the interface, you would have to click on the app’s icon from the menu bar and from there select settings> Preferences and then change the way the Google functions on your Mac. If you are familiar with this problem and even then you can’t access the files stored on it though the Finder, you should apply the below fixes:
Fixes for Google Drive not working on Mac
Fix 1: Restart Google Drive
- Select Google Driver from the menu bar,
- Select gear icon and then click on Quit option,
- Restart your Mac and the Google Drive automatically restarts unless you set it to not launch on startup,
- If you set it not to launch at startup automatically, go to the Applications and select Google Drive icon there.
Fix 2: Delete Google Drive cached files
- Press Command + Space to open Spotlight,
- Copy-paste there ~/Library/Application Support/.
- Select Application Support folder from the folders section,
- Now, find and open Google Folder under Application support,
- Right-click on the folder and select Move to Bin,
- Empty the Bin,
- Restart your computer and check if google drive not working on Mac issue is still there.
Fix 3: Reinstall Google Drive
- Confirm that you quit Google Drive at first,
- Next, go to the Application folder and drag and drop Google drive icon to the trash and then empty the trash,
- Restart your Mac,
- Go to Google, type Download Google Drive, Click Download Drive for Desktop and then download the Google Drive .dmg file,
- Open the file when downloaded and then double-click on the .pkg you see in the opened window and follow the on-screen prompts to install Google Drive.
Fix 4: Run Google Drive Script
- Open Finder and go to Application Folder,
- Find Google Drive, right-click on it and select Show Package Contents,
- Go to Contents> MacOS,
- Double-click on Google Drive script to run it,
- Restart your device now and see if Google Drive is working normally now.
Fix 5: Reconnect My Mac to Google Drive
If google drive not working on Mac is related to fail syncing, you can try to reconnect your Mac to Google Drive to get the required fix. To reconnect Mac to Google Drive, restart the Google Drive app, the Mac and/or your router. Your Mac should automatically connect to the Google Drive the next time.
It may be a good idea to check the internet connects because an issue with it may be causing the problem you are facing. If you are using WI-FI, you should shut down the router, wait for the couple of seconds and then turn it back on to see if your connection to the internet comes back.
If the problem persists, we recommend you use Mac Repair Tool to check for the possible Mac related issues eradicate them. You will just have to download the tool from the link below and scan your device using it. The tool will show you the possible issues and fix or suggest performing the required repair.
That’s all! We have provided all possible fixes for Google Drive not working on Mac. Hope so, these methods work for you. Obviously, the best option is to use the recommended as you will not have to go through the lengthy manual fixes.