Table of Contents
KB5015885 was released for Windows 11 22H2 versions and is particularly important to certain aspects of the OS. For example, it can fix an issue that prevents troubleshooters from opening and the issues that might increase the latency of games when vertical sync (VSync or v-sync) is in use. And these updates are considered imperative for Windows but unfortunately several users have claimed that KB5015885 fails to install on Windows 11. And some of them also claimed that the process is initiated but stops at some point (for instance 25%) and then returns an error like 0x8000ffff, 0x80070246, 0x800f0922.
And if you are also stuck with the above mention error keep reading the blog till the end as we have shortlisted few feasible solutions that can easily resolve the above mention error code. So without any further delay let’s get started with the discussion.
Try these Methods for KB5015885 fails to install on Windows 11
Method 1: Disable Third Party Security Software Tool
It has been observed that third party security software acts as a barrier sometimes. So if you are using any third party security software then we suggest you to disable third party software tool to resolve the issue.
Method 2: Check your System Files
Corrupted System Files is one of the most general reasons that lead to such kinds of errors, so it is very important to check for corrupted/damaged/missing system files.
- First of all type cmd in Windows Search>Right-Click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
- When prompted by UAC click Yes>then use the below mention commands and press Enter key after each command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally Restart your PC and try to run the update again.
Method 3: Run the Troubleshooter
If you are still struggling with KB5015885 fails to install on Windows 11 issue then we suggest you to run the built-in troubleshooter to resolve the issue.
- Under Windows Search, then type in troubleshoot and press Enter key
- Select Other troubleshooters>scroll down to locate Windows update option and tap on Run
- Once done then restart the PC and see if the issue resolved or not
Method 4: Ensure that all the Optional Updates are installed
Several Users have claimed that they managed to resolve the issue just by installing all the optional updates on their PC, so you can also try this method. To do so follow the below mention guidelines:
- First of all click Start and select Settings>Choose Windows Update section
- Then select Advanced Options and install Optional Updates>finally reboot your machine
Method 5: Reset Windows Update Components
You are likely to face the above mentioned error if the Windows Update Caches are bugged, well don’t fret resetting Windows Update Components might resolve the issue:
To do so follow the below mention instructions:
- First of all open command prompt as an administrator >and then in the new window copy and paste the enlisted commands and don’t forget to press Enter key after each command:
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop appidsvc
net stop cryptsvc
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*”
rmdir %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q
rmdir %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 /S /Q
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start appidsvc
net start cryptsvc
- Finally Restart your machine
Method 6: Use Media Creation Tool
If none of the above mentioned methods works for you then we suggest you to use the Media Creation Tool by following the below mention guidelines:
- Go to Official Microsoft Website and download Windows Installation media>double-click the installer & select Yes when prompted by UAC
- Then Agree to Terms and click Next>Select Upgrade This PC now and select Next
- Windows will now download all the important files (it may take some time)
- Then Agree to Terms once again and tap Next
- Before installing ensure that you are satisfied with your decision(otherwise you can click change what to keep option)
- Lastly, tap on Install to start the upgrade process.
Instant Solution for Windows Issues
All the above mentioned methods are quite effective and have a potential to resolve KB5015885 fails to install on Windows 11 but there are some instances where you need an expert to tackle such kinds of errors. So considering this irritating error we strongly recommend you a PC Repair Tool which will not only scan your repositories but will also fixes the detected errors/issues in a single go.
That’s all guys, if you liked the blog then keep visiting the site for more useful articles.