Table of Contents
Users receive an error popup box containing the file runtimebroker.exe and it is followed by message “The Group or Resource is not in the Correct State to Perform the Requested Operation on Windows 11” when they try to check for Windows Updates or while installing updated on their PC. According to some sources one may also stuck with this error while using network hotspot from your mobile phone or similar device. After researching a lot about the error we concluded that the prime reason for facing the above mention error is issues with the driver.
But when we dive deep into the error we realized that only driver malfunctioning is not the reason there are several factors that leads to the current situation. We have enlisted some potential culprits, you can check:
- You are likely to face the above mention error because of the wrong installation of the Windows.
- Another major reason for facing the error is outdated drivers and disabled hidden adapters
- Several users have also claimed that they were facing the same issue because of corrupted system files.
- Confliction between the UWP applications and the Microsoft Services may also lead to the above mention issue.
Errors that are similar to The Group or Resource is not in the Correct State to Perform the Requested Operation Windows 11
The group or resource is not in the correct state windows defender.
The group or resource is not in the correct state failover cluster.
Runtimebroker.exe error the group or resource is not in the correct state.
The group or resource is not in the correct state windows 7
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform runtimebroker
Explorer.exe the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform runtime broker
The hosted network couldn’t be started the group or resource is not in the correct state windows 7
How to Solve The Group or Resource is not in the Correct State to Perform the Requested Operation Windows 11
Method 1: Update Network Adapters/Drivers
As we have earlier mentioned that outdated/missing/corrupted drivers are one of the major reasons for facing the above mention error. So before proceeding with any other method we suggest you to update the drivers by following the below mention instructions:
- Right-Click the Start Menu and select Device Manager
- Now once the page loads up then right-click on the network adapter and select Update Driver
- Click Search Automatically for Drivers and install it>if you got the message, The Best Drivers Are Already Installed, then uninstall the current driver and restart your computer.
Alternatively, you can also update/reinstall the best compatible drivers by using an automatic tool. It is an expert tool which will not only fulfil the driver requirements of your PC but will also let you perform the all the graphic intensive tasks smoothly.
Method 2: Run SFC and DISM Commands
Both the utility tools SFC and DISM are used to check the integrity of files and it is one of the best built-in tools to repair the damaged files. So in order to proceed with the method follow the below mention guidelines:
- Type Command Prompts and open it as an administrator by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys to run the System Commands
- Tap Yes when the UAC asks for permission>and once terminal is opened, you need to insert the below commands one by one to repair Windows files.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once done then see if the issue resolved or not
Method 3: Run Programs Troubleshooters
Several users have claimed that running the program troubleshooters can also resolve the issue and to do so you can follow the below mention guidelines:
- Tap Start Menu and type Settings
- Go to the System and scroll down to bottom, select Troubleshoot. Under Windows 10 , navigate to Updates & Security and tap Troubleshoot
- Tap Other Troubleshoot. Under Windows 10 it should be Additional Troubleshoot>and run the program Compatibility Troubleshooter and Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
Method 4: Enable Hidden Networks
If you are still struggling with The Group or Resource is not in the Correct State to Perform the Requested Operation Windows 11 then you really need to enable Hidden networks.
To do so follow the below mention guidelines:
- On your keyboard press Win + R keys simultaneously to enable hidden adapters>then type msc & press Enter
- Now tap on View from the top and click Show Hidden Devices
- In the Network Adapters, right-click Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter>tap Enable, if it is disabled
Method 5: Revert to Previous Restore Point
In this method we suggest you to go back to the previous restore point. This method demands a restore point and if you didn’t create any restore point in the past then this method is not for you.
- Type rstrui in the Search Menu and pres Enter
- Open System Restore and click Next>Choose the recently created restore point and tap Next>finally click on Finish and once done then check if the issue resolved or not.
Method 6: Restart TCP/IP Net BIOS Helper
TCP/IP Net BIOS Helper is a service that permits communicating with each other over a TCP Networks. By default the service is enabled but if the service gets disabled then you are likely to face the above mention error. To in order to get this issue you need to restart the service by following the below mention guidelines:
- Type Windows + R keys to open Run Program>type Services.msc and press Enter
- Once the services page is opened then find and right-click TCP/IP Net BIOS Helper
- Tap on Properties and change startup type from Manual to Automatic
- Once done then tap on Stop and click Start to restart the service
- After that Restart your computer and check if the issue resolved
Method 7: Reinstall or Reset Windows
If one of the above mentioned methods works for you then we suggest you to reinstall or reset Windows as we have earlier mentioned that wrong installation of Windows may leads to the above mention error.
In order to reset the Windows you can follow the below mention instructions:
- Firstly type Reset This PC in the search menu and open it
- Tap Reset PC and select Keep My Files
- Now choose the Local Reinstall option
- Now click Reset>once you Reset then check if the issue resolved or not.
Instant Solution for PC Problems
Though all the above mentioned methods are tried and tested but sometimes your PC needs an expert to fix such kinds of errors. This tool will scan your repositories and fix the detected errors and not to mention it will also enhance your system performance.
That’s all about The Group or Resource is not in the Correct State to Perform the Requested Operation Windows 11. We really hope that you liked the blog and it was helpful for you.