Table of Contents
Are you looking for a guide to learn how to type exponents on Mac? Well there are various ways through which you can type an exponent on a Mac depending on the application you are using. It is quite simple to type exponents on Mac but there are lots of users who found it complicated. So considering all those users we have try to explain all the related queries in this guide like how to Type Exponents on Mac Google docs, how to Type Exponents on Mac word, how to Type Exponents on Mac Excel.
How to type Exponents on Mac
How to Type Exponents on Mac word
In this section we will guide you on how to type exponents in Microsoft Office for Mac. You can follow the below mention guidelines to type an exponent in Microsoft Word for Mac:
- First of all highlight the number you need to type the exponent next to.
- Now press “Shift””CMD” and “+” keys at the same time to open the superscripts menu and add the exponent.
On the other hand you can also access superscripts like exponents in Microsoft Word by navigating to Home and then selecting squared symbol in the superscripts that appear in the menu bar.
How to Type Exponents on Mac Excel
In order to type Exponents on Mac Excel you can follow the below mention steps:
- First of all open Microsoft Excel on your system
- Now tap on the New button to create a new, blank spreadsheet where you can enter formulas & make creations. Or you can also open a saved spreadsheet file and work on it
- Now find an empty cell where you can make calculations and then double-click on it to edit cell’s content.
- Then type =POWER (base, power) in the empty cell. This formula will let you insert a base number & a power exponent and then see the result of calculation.
- Here you need to Replace base with base number you want to multiply. Delete “Base” in formula and then enter the number you need to multiply.
- After that Repalce Power with the exponent you want to apply. Delete “power” in formula and then enter power exponent you want to multiply your base number by.
- Finally press Enter key, it will make the specific calculation and displays the results in the formula cell.
How to Type Exponents on Mac Google docs
Here in this section we will teach you on how to type exponents on Mac Google Docs, and to do so follow the below mention steps:
- Firstly open a Google Docs document and in order to start a document, choose “Blank” on Google Docs homepage. But if you already have Google docs in progress you need to open it from the “Recent Documents” section of the homepage.
- Now in your document you need to enter the base number or letter and without delay follow it with exponential value you want to raise your base to. You will reformat exponential value to appear as an exponent in superscript. Kindly don’t give a space between the base and the exponent values.
- Here you need to highlight exponential value and you need to drag the mouse across the text you wish to make an exponent so that it appears highlighted. But kindly don’t highlight the base value
- Finally hold “command + .”, after highlighting the exponential value, you need to press the command button and the period button. It will raise the exponential value to look as a superscript above the base value.
That’s all. We really hope that you liked the blog and it was helpful for you. Thanks for Reading.